2016년 6월 20일 월요일

6. Who is preparing the Second Advent of Jesus?


Before getting to the point, let’s remind of the condition for the second coming of Jesus. In the Revelation, when Jesus opened the fifth seal, it was clearly shown why he could not come down yet. The Second Advent could be done, just when fellow servants of the martyred spirits – under his altar – and brothers of them full up to the number, one hundred and forty and four thousand (Revelation 6:9~11, 7:4):
6:9. And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: 
6:10. And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? 
6:11. And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellow servants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.
7:4. And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.
When that number completed, Jesus would come again to judge and avenge his and his servants’ blood on them, dwelling on the earth and doing all kinds of crimes and bad things.
Then, Jesus was not destined to complete the number himself. But he was supposed to sit in his throne and wait, until his enemies being his footstool (Pslams 110:1, Luke 20:42~43):
Pslams 110:1. The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool
Luke 20:42. And David himself saith in the book of Psalms, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
Luke 20:43. Till I make thine enemies thy footstool.
If so, who get the mission to make enemies his footstool? To figure out this, it would be helpful to reflect upon Jacob in the Old Testament. He was destined to be the father of twelve sons, patriarchs of twelve tribes of the Israel. It is a famous episode that he wrestled with an angel. Actually, Jacob did not win but overcame the severe pain from the wrestling. The hollow of his thigh was out of joint by the angel. In so doing, he finally won the name, Israel. It means overcome or win (Genesis 32:24~28):
24. And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day. 
25. And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob’s thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him. 
26. And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me. 
27. And he said unto him, What is thy name? And he said, Jacob 
28. And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.
Meanwhile, it is quite common to Christians that Abraham is able to be compared to God, and Isaac to Jesus. If so, who could be similar to Jacob and destined to keep Jesus’ work unto the end, completing the number? Before, it was already explained why John – in the island, Patmos – had been lifted up to the Heaven by Jesus. For preparing his second coming, Jesus took him up and gave his messages (Revelation 1:9~11):
9. I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ. 
10. I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, 
11. Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
Right after having John write his messages, Jesus spoke – not once but seven times – to the seven churches in Asia. He was eagerly longing for the emerging of someone else that overcomes (Revelation 2:7, 11, 17, 26~28, 3:5, 12, 21):
2:7. To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.
2:11. He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.
2:17. To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.
2:26. And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
2:27. And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.
2:28. And I will give him the morning star.
3:5. He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
3:12. Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
3:21. To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
In Rev.3:21, Jesus told an ostentatious covenant. He would grant, to sit his throne with him, to someone else to overcome. In addition to above seven words from Jesus, even God promised to hand over the inheritance of the fountain of the water of life and call him his son (Revelation 21:6~7):
6. And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. 
7. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
Why Jesus and God give those enormous privileges to him that overcomes? From Rev. 2:26~27, it is possible to figure out what he is designated for (Revelation 2:26~27):
26. And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: 
27. And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.
To him who overcame and kept Jesus’ works up to the end, Jesus promised the power over the nations, which had been given to Jesus by God. Here, it comes to mind that Jacob ‘overcame’ the pain to be the Israel, finally being the father of 12 tribes of Israel.
Therefore, it is definitely natural, and actually the Truth of God and Jesus that ‘he that overcometh’ becomes the very one, completing the spiritual 12 tribes, 144,000 sealed servants. He is supposed to work with another angel, ascending from the east, with the seal of the living God (Revelation 7:2~4):
2. And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,
3. Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.
4. And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.
The selected and sealed ones are supposed to be taught and nourished, by him who overcomes, with a white stone and the water of life (Revelation 2:17, 21:6~7):
2:17. To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.
21:6. And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
21:7. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
When sealed servants being ripe, he is supposed to reap them – the harvest of the earth in a temple – with a sharp sickle to complete the number, 144,000 (Revelation 14:14~15):
14. And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.
15. And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.
Then, the enemies shall be the footstools of Jesus. An angel comes down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. And, he lays hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years. On the other hand, the 144,000 sealed servants reunite with Jesus and reign with Christ a thousand years (Revelation 20:1~4):
1. And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2. And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3. And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4. And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
After a thousand years, Satan shall be loosed from his prison, the bottomless pit, and fight against the saints. But, they are destined to be defeated and cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, ending up being tormented day and night for ever and ever (Revelation 20:7~10):
7. And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8. And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
9. And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
10. And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기